Entertainment is here
New Music, Movie Trailers ..you name it

Rock and Hip Hop Collaborations- Part 1 - Real Collaborations of Artists from the 2 Genres

Category: , , By Manu
The other day when I was listening to Jay Z- Linkin Park collab- The Collision Course- I suddenly had a desire for more Hip Hop- Rock collabs and that led to me collecting and catching up on the mergers of those two genres. I came across a lot of tracks but had to reject many cause many were Old School Hip Hop and Death Metal combos (Judgment Night Soundtrack), both of which I'm not a big fan.

But still I came across many tracks that I came to love and its just impossible to post all of them in a single post. So I am starting a new series of posts. To start off I'm posting the actual collaborations of two or more artists from different genres uniting to bring out a single track. I'm not listing the obvious classics like Run DMC ft Aerosmith or Public Enemy and Anthrax, but I'm concentrating more on the new stuff. And I'm also not listing the collab between Jay Z and Linkin Park cause everybody knows that's the best one out there. So lets start the Hip hop/Rock extravaganza.

1. Ludacris ft Sum 41 - Get Back
This is the remix of Ludacris' song Get Back, which I like more than the original one. Luda rapping on top of Sum 41's heavy guitar- a collab not to miss.


Download

2. Wu-Tang Clan and System of a Down - Shame on a Nigga
System of a Down performing Wu-Tang Clan's Shame on a Nigga in their style and featuring Wu-Tang. This one is more on the rock side to be precise System of a Down style. The name sounds racist, but trust me its not. And its a great song.


Download

3. Non Phixion Feat. Steph Of The Deftones And Christian & Raymond Of Fear Factory - The CIA is Still Trying to Kill Me
Non Phixion did a remix of their own song The C.I.A trying to kill me with Steph Of The Deftones And Christian & Raymond Of Fear Factory which is yet another amazing collab.


Download

4. K'naan feat. Kirk Hammet of Metallica - If Rap Gets Jealous
This is a really new song just over a month old and K'naan is a new artist for me. The song is really good and Kirk Hammet is awesome as ever. Look out for the awesome solo towards the end by Kirk Hammet.


Download

5. Korn ft Xzibit - Fight the Power
Korn paired up with Xzibit to being out this great song for the XX2 soundtrack. Great guitar riffs, drums and Xzibit rapping over it. Damn good. And since we are on the topic check out the whole XXX 2 soundtrack. The whole soundtrack is out of the world.


Download


6. Bone Crusher feat Three Days Grace - Just like wylin
Another one from the XXX 2 soundtrack in which Bone Crusher and Three Days grace came together with their songs "Wyle out" and "Just Like You" respectively(both individually great) and mashed it up into one great track.


Download

7. Busta Rhymes featuring Ozzy Osbourne- This is war
For all you classic rock fans out there here is a track for you. Busta Rhymes decided to rap over Ozzy Osbourne's classic "This is War". A perfect crossover track between Classic Rock and Hip Hop. I love both the original This is war and the remix. This is a comparatively lesser known collab but well worth the listen.


Download

8. Mims ft Purple Popcorn - This is why I'm rock
I guess everyone has heard the hit single from Mims "This is why I'm hot". This is the rock version of that song which even surpasses the original featuring Purple Popcorn. Purple Popcorn is an upcoming Rock/Hip hop band who does rock versions of popular Hip Hop songs. I'll do a feature on them soon enough in this series. While most others just include them doing the song,I think for this one Mims and Purple Popcorn actually got together and made this one.


Download


9.Ice Cube ft Korn- Fuck Dying
I guess "Children of Korn" is this duo's better known collab, but personally i like this one better. It got classic Ice Cube with his angry verses and Korn's guitars on the background. It gets a while for the song to start; be patient :D


Download

10. Chris Cornell - Scream (Produced by Timbaland)
I know this is not an actual collab between Hip Hop and Rock, but I just could not leave it aside. This is basically rock, but the Hip Hop element is Timbaland's production. The whole album Scream is Timbaland's production which in my opinion is awesome and from what i have heard so far its top notch work. Can't wait for the album to drop.


Download

Thats it for today. I deliberately left out Kevin Rudolf's new album to include it in another part of the series. Rock Remixes, Hip Hop songs with Rock Riffs as background, and Lil Wayne's brand of Rock coming soon on this series.
Stay Tuned.
:)

Part 2 - Rock and Hip Hop Collaborations - Part 2 - Hip Hop songs with Rock Riffs

P.S - Feel free to suggest any good Rock/ Hip hop Collab that I am not aware of. I just love the collision of two of my favorite genres.
Digg This Add To Del.icio.us Add to Technorati Favorites Add To Reddit Stumble This Add To Newsvine
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?